The NNB Jamiat of Fordsburg with its partner, the MJC operating under the fictitious body called ‘UUCSA’ have submitted a few cosmetic amendments to the Kufr MMB. The amendments suggested by this clique besides being unconstitutional, in no way whatsoever alter the kufr character of the proposed MM Bill. On the contrary, the amendments have aggravated the kufr nature of the Mufr MMB. If old wine is put in a new bottle, some people are liable to be hoodwinked. But the amendments suggested by the NNB-Jamiat-MJC clique cannot be described even as old wine in a new bottle. The bottles are exactly the same. Only a couple of scratches have been effected to the label on the bottle.
Let us examine the proposed Kufr Bill together with the clique’s amendments in the light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah – the Immutable Shariah of Allah Ta’ala which tolerates no amendment because the Qur’aan Majeed declares:
“This day have I perfected for you your Deen, and completed for you My Favour,
and for you have I chosen Islam as your Deen.”
The Kufr MMB states:
(1) EQUAL STATUS AND CAPACITY OF SPOUSES
The draft Kufr so-called “Muslim” Marriages Bill, accepted, endorsed and promoted by the NNB Jamiat-MJC clique contains the following flagrant violation with the Qur’aan and Sunnah:
“A wife and a husband in a Muslim Marriage are equal in human dignity and both have, on the basis of equality, capacity and financial independence, including the capacity to own and acquire assets, to dispose of them, to enter into contracts and to litigate.”
Refuting this contention and provision of the Kufr MMB, the Qur’aan Majeed states:
“For men there is a rank over them (women).” – (Baqarah, Aayat 228)
“Men are the rulers of women….” -- (Nisaa’, Aayat 34)
“And call as witnesses two from among your men, and if there are not two men,
then one man and two women……” -- (Baqarah, Aayat 282)
“If they (the heirs) are brothers and sisters, then for the male is twice the share
Of a female. Allah explains to you (this law) so that you do not go astray.”
(An-Nisaa’, Aayat 176)
Also in refutation of the ‘equal status’ contention, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: “O Assembly of women!......... pages 6 and 7 – The Patriarchal Ideology
Further refuting the ‘equal status’ contention, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) very explicitly mentioned that if Sajdah (Prostration) was permissible for any being other than Allah Ta’ala, he would have commanded the wife to make Sajdah to her husband. Numerous Ahaadith unequivocally negate the ‘equal status’ claim made by the NNB-Jamiat-MJC Kufr MMB clique.
The following laws of the Shariah effectively refute the kufr claim of ‘equal status’:
(1) Man has a higher rank than women as mentioned explicitly in the Qur’aan.
(2) Man is the Ruler of woman as mentioned explicitly in the Qur’aan.
(3) The testimony of two females equals to the testimony of one man. Also mentioned explicitly in the Qur’aan.
(4) Only the man is the maintainer of his wife. The obligation of maintenance is never on the woman.
(5) The wife may not leave the home without the consent of the husband. It is never the other way around.
(6) The husband has the right to prevent his wife from engaging in trade even from the home.
(7) The wife has to consult her husband even if she wishes to spend her own money.
(8) The woman requires a male Wali to contract her Nikah. This is the unanimous ruling of all four Math-habs. While according to the Hanafi Math-hab it is not permissible for a woman to contract her own Nikah without valid reason, according to the other three Math-habs, her Nikah is not valid without the intermediary of a male Wali regardless of reason/need. The Nikah will be baatil without a male Wali.
(9) The inheritance of a daughter is half that of a son.
(10) A woman is in need of a male mahram for a journey. It is not permissible for her to travel alone.
(11) The right of Talaaq is vested in only the husband. The wife has no right of Talaaq.
(12) The wife does not become the guardian of her minor children despite having custody for a limited period.
(13) Jumuah , Eid and Jama’t Salaat are not incumbent on women.
(14) The Qur’aan permits husbands to beat their wives as a last resort while women never have such permission.
(15) Women are created with deficient intelligence in comparison to the males. (Anyone who denies this authentic Hadith loses his/her Imaan and becomes a murtad.)
(16) A man pays dowry (mehr) to his wife, not vice versa.