BEWARE OF THE BOGUS QUR’BAANI COLLECTORS
ONCE AGAIN WE REMIND AND WARN MUSLIMS TO REFRAIN FROM BEING ENSNARED BY THE BOGUS ‘QUR’BAANI’ COLLECTORS FROM INDIA, MOZAMBIQUE AND EVEN FROM SOUTH AFRICA.
Muslims are supposed to utilize their intelligence to understand that Qur’baani is a very important act of Ibaadat. It is unintelligent and irreligious to seek an easy and a cheap escape route from the Qur’baani obligation by soothing the conscience with a R100 and R200 ‘qur’baani’ share offered by the gang of BOGUS collectors who prey on the lackadaisical Deeni attitude of people. We reproduce here a letter of a concerned Brother who presents some valid arguments on this issue:
Dear Mufti Saheb
Who is slaughtering whom
We have seen the adverts recently advertising qurbani in India by Channel Islam, Crescent of hope etc.
Please consider the following points
1. Every Ramadhaan, hundreds of collectors descend upon South Africa from various institutions in India. Our Ulema bodies refuse to verify and or endorse a large majority of collectors and they are branded BOGUS. Every South African muslim is discouraged from giving any money to an Indian collector. Some collectors are from the Alma mater of these very ulema.
So if we should not send our money to India as Zakaat (FARDH) or Lillah then why is it acceptable to send our Qurbani there?
2. India is amongst the BRICS economic community, yet for the last 7 years the price of a cow has remained at R1000.00.Today here in South Africa you cannot purchase a single sheep for this amount. Inflation is prevalent everywhere in the world but apparently not in India.
3. We are aware that the BJP rule India and that it is illegal to slaughter cows in the country. We are also aware that the government "RAAMSANAH" are always on the lookout. So how do we manage to cut 50000 cows in India without it being noticed?
4. The Indian Ulema do not cut cows on behalf of the people as they believe the safety of our muslim brothers and sisters are compromised. Do the lives of our Indian muslims not matter?
5. People who did there Qurbani with this 'authentic and reliable' groups five years ago still receive sms's every year, confirming that their qurbani carried out every year since then. Notwithstanding that they did it once and never again.
6. Why do these groups refuse to divulge the exact location of the Qurbani hiding behind the cloak of 'trade secrets', but we expect the Indians to reveal every account of their lives when they come here.
Your response, and advise will be highly appreciated.
4 Zil Hajj 1437 - 6 September 2016
|< Prev||Next >|