SHARIAH PROHIBITS CURRENT ISLAAMIC BANKING & PICTURES (of living beings)
A UNANIMOUS FATWAA BY 29 SENIOR 'ULAMA OF PAKISTAN
For quite some time the dealings of the banking system based on Islaamic and Shar'i terminologies, prevailing since a few years, were being scrutinized in the light of Qur'aan and Sunnah. The documents, forms and principles of these banks were examined and analysed. Considerable benefit was also derived from the writings of the Akaabir (Senior) Fuqaha.
Finally for passing a conclusive decision on this matter, a session was conducted comprising of 29 Ahl-e-Fataawaa 'Ulamaa from all round the Pakistan under the leadership of Hadhrat Shaykhul-Hadeeth Maulana Saleemullaah Khaan (daamatbarakaatuhum). This took place on 25 Shaa'baanul-Mu'azzam 1429 Hijri / 28 August 2008 at Jaami'ah Faarooqiyah, Karachi.
All the venerable Muftiyaan present in the gathering passed a unanimous fatwa that:
• The prevailing banking system dubbed Islaamic, is in absolute conflict with the Sharee'ah and has no relationship to Islaam.
• Hence any dealings done with these (so called Islaamic) banks thinking them to be Islaamic or Shari'ah complaint are haraam and impermissible.
• And the same ruling (of hurmat/prohibition) as that of interest-based banks, is applicable to these so-called Islaamic banks.
Those present in the gathering also expressed their unanimity on the fact that, ‘permissibility’ of pictures of living beings influenced by modernity, is erroneous. The ruling of prohibition on pictures (of living beings) cannot be altered.
Pictures of living beings in whatever form and method that have been introduced to date (be it on stones, skins, cloth, paper, electronic screens, in air or various new forms to be introduced until Qiyaamah, by all means viz practice, custom, language and Shar'i proofs, come under the Shar'i ruling of prohibition of pictures.
Change in mechanism and machinery, handmade, mechanical, non-digital, digital, holographic or various other ways to be introduced until Qiyaamah does not alter the Shar'i ruling of prohibition of pictures of living beings.
Hence the ruling of prohibition decreed by Shariah for pictures of living beings is applicable to all of its forms irrespective of the methods of production & media of display.
Therefore opening the doors of permissibility by introducing any tv channel or appearance of 'Ulama on television by claiming and thinking it to be a need for the propagation of Deen diametrically conflicts with the Shariah. It is the illegitimate emulation of modernity & lewdness.
In fact it is Waajib upon Muslims to cautiously abstain from them (i.e dealing with the so called Islaamic banks in any way and clicking, storing, sharing pictures of living being in whatever shape or form they may be, just as they do regarding all such things which are haraam and in conflict with the Shariah.
Names of Muftiyaan
1) Hadhrat Shaykhul-Hadeeth Maulana Saleemullaah Khaan, Jaami'ah Faarooqiah.
2) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Ghulaam Qaadri, Jaami'ah Haqqaaniah.
3) Hadhrat Mufti Hameedullaah Jaan, Jaami'ah Ashrafiyah.
4) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Ehteshaamullaah Aasiyaabaadi, Jaami'ah Rasheediyah.
5) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti 'Abdul-Majeed Deenpuri, Jaami'ah 'Uloomul-Islaamiyyah.
6) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Saa'dudeen, Jaami'ah Haleemiyah.
7) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti 'Abdullaah, Jaami'ah Khairul-Madaaris.
8) Hadhrat Maulana Gul Hasan Boo-laanee, Jaami'ah Raheemiyah
9) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Zar Walee Khaan, Jaami'ah Ahsanul-'Uloom.
10) Hadhrat Maulana Sa'eed Ahmad Jalaalpuri, 'Aalami Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam Nubuwwat.
11) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Haamid Hasan, Daarul 'Uloom Kabeerwaalaa.
12) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Rozee Khaan, Daarul-Iftaa Rabbaaniyah.
13) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Habeebullaah Shaykh, Jaami'ah Islaamiyah.
14) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti 'Abdul-Qayyoom Deenpuri, Daarul-Iftaa Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam Nubuwwat.
15) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Ahmad Mumtaaz, Jaami'ah Khulafaa-e-Raashideen.
16) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Rafeeq Ahmad Baalaakotee, Jaami'ah 'Uloomul-Islaamiyah.
17) Maulana Mufti Shu'aib 'Aalam, Jaami'ah 'Uloomul-Islaamiyah.
18) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti In'aamul-Haqq, Jaami'ah 'Uloomul-Islaamiyah.
19) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Muhammad Madanee, Ma'hadul-Khaleelil-Islaami
20) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Saleemullaah, Daarul-Hudaa.
21) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Samee'ullaah, Jaami'ah Farooqiyyah.
22) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Ahmad Khaan ,Jaami'ah Farooqiyyah.
23) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti 'Abdul-Ghaffaar, Jaami'ah Ashrafiyah.
24) Hadhrat Maulana Doctor Manzoor Ahmad Mengal, Jaami'ah Farooqiyah.
25) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti 'Aasim 'Abdullaah, Jaami'ah Hammaadiyah.
26) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Imadaadullaah, Jaami'ah Dhoronaaro.
27) Mufti Ahmad Khaan, Jaami'ah 'Amrkot.
28) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Kaleemullaah, Jaami'ah Dhoronaaro.
29) Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Amaanullaah, Jaami'ah Khulafaa-e-Raashideen.
And the Muftiyaan mentioned below offered their support as they couldn't attend the gathering.
Mufti Doctor 'Abdul Waahid, Jaami'ah Madniyyah.
Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Muhammad 'Eesaa, Miftaahul-'Uloom.
Hadhrat Maulana Mufti Haajee 'Abdul-Ghanee, Daarul-'Uloom Chaman.
25 Muharram 1438 (27 October 2016)
|< Prev||Next >|